What is Business Formation and Preservation?
Our firm assists businesses ranging from start-ups to mid-size businesses with multi-state locations with matters involving Business Formation, LLC, Corporation, Preservation,Shareholder Agreements, and/or modification of existing business entity to accommodate different levels of business ownership.
Our business formation work often involves completion of key set-up steps for clients who have used business formation services available on the Internet. Key omissions found include:
- Failure to issue stock or membership units for new corporation or new LLC.
- Failure to adjust LLC Operating Agreement to specific business needs.
- Failure to include restrictive covenants to prevent shareholders or LLC members from leaving and taking business opportunities or competing with original business entity
- Failure to include proper by-laws or specify voting requirements on key business issues.
Our Offer: We will review your corporate or LLC formation documents at No Charge and provide a written evaluation of proposed corrective actions with estimate of costs regarding the same.
- We find defective incorporation issues even with business of three or more business professionals, including accounting firms, engineers, architects and even other law firms.
- In these economic times, the last thing your business needs is incomplete documents that can lead to an internal dispute or litigation.
- In our experience, incomplete corporate or LLC documents invite or prolong shareholder or member disputes because the rights and/or remedies of the parties are not clearly specified.